Amazon has recently refreshed their Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) delivery time for most of their product categories to almost 2 weeks, not only that but also Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) have their limitations and restrictions on trivial things. This means that merchants who use Depoter’s fulfillment center to satisfy their Amazon orders can not only deliver over 2 weeks quicker than dealers on Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA), but also can store multiple items of different categories without any restrictions.
Why sellers use Fulfillment by Merchant (FBA)?
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is help offered by Amazon, as a method for outside vendors to automate
their order fulfillment and delivery administration. It is a simple idea: sellers sell, Amazon
delivers. Sellers enroll in Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) because it can allow Amazon to deal with all
delivery, including returns, and warehousing their products in Amazon distribution centers, picking,
and packing but that’s only the tip of the iceberg.
Some of the many reasons why vendors choose Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA):
1. Quick delivery: Items in FBA consequently get the Prime identification and qualifies for Prime free delivery to the client and delivery times.
2. Easy Shipping and Logistics: Amazon accomplishes practically everything. Vendors simply monitor their listings and ensure they are loaded on their items, and they then let the fulfillment be dealt with beginning to end.
As a result, the number of sellers wanting to enroll in Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) has dramatically increased, which has led to a decrease in the storage space of Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA). That is the reason why Amazon has restrictions on items that are accepted from sellers, and only accept hot selling items.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, online sales have increased immensely and very quickly. Similarly, Amazon has a huge platform that reaches millions of people, so it shouldn’t come as a shock that it will be the most used platform. An increase in sales means an increase in number of orders placed and an increase in delivery and shipping.
“Amazon told consumers earlier this year that its paid-subscription Prime service is facing monthlong delays in shipping due to the coronavirus outbreak and that the company will focus on stocking and delivering higher-priority items.” – Amazon Prime suspends delivery promises; future of fast shipping under scrutiny
Venders online are expressing their worry over the limited FBA capacity, and how their organizations will be influenced accordingly. This delay may result in customer dissatisfaction, lower revenues and eventually the death of the product.
We recommend vendors to move to Fulfilled by Merchant (FBM) models rather than FBA to keep clients glad and sales channels moving along as expected. This can be done either by yourself from home, or by outsourcing and moving to a fulfillment center like Depoter.
Reasons to use Depoter for Fulfilment by Merchant (FBM)
1. Easy enrollment: Sellers can enroll with Depoter within days. You simply need to join, send us your stock, and afterward Depoter’s APIs will automatically fetch orders to us on your behalf for fulfillment. This implies you can outsource your fulfillment if it works for your business.
2. Quick deliveries: if a seller has a hot selling product being sold on Amazon, Amazon can enroll them in Seller Flex. This means that all the amenities and advantages offered by Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) will also be offered to the seller storing their products in their own inventory or by outsourcing to Fulfilment by Merchant (FBM). This implies that vendors could arrange their amazon postings with free expedited shipping. Having quick delivery means a higher customer retention rate, lower cart abandonment, satisfied customers, better sales, and more revenues made.
3. Full range: With Depoter used as Fulfilment by Merchant (FBM) we can store all your products, not just hot selling products and manage your orders effectively and efficiently to lift the weight off you. We do not lock you into contracts so that you can outsource with us as long as it is profitable to you.
4. Omnichannel fulfillment: In addition, the fact that Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) allows you to offer to target customers only through their platform, however, as a seller you might be interested in selling on other platforms like Noon, Carrefour, Sharaf DG, etc. With Depoter as your Fulfilment by Merchant (FBM) partner, you will have a superpower to sell your products on every marketplace without increasing your inventory count cause Depoter collects and fulfills orders from all these marketplaces.